Thursday, August 2, 2007

Welcome to My Blog

Hi, all, and welcome to my professional blog. If you'd like to see my personal blog, you can click here. In this blog, I'll be discussing my musings and observations about the e-learning industry. I've been in this field since 1983 when through a series of circumstances I got to work on a now-ancient CBT system called TICCIT (Time Shared Interactive Computer-Controlled Information Television). It had a dedicated keyboard that would allow students to hit keys to see Rules, Examples, and Practice Problems. I created an Italian language course (I speak Italian, among other languages) over a 3-year period. I fell in love with the idea of using computers to teach and with the idea of my programming them to do it! I love teaching classes, I love writing, I love programming and here I could do it all at once in this medium. That was the beginning of my career!

So here is my bio:
Joe Ganci has been involved since 1983 in every aspect of multimedia and learning development with an emphasis in development. Mr. Ganci has taught classes and seminars at leading universities, in many government facilities, commercial firms, and educational institutions, and has spoken at industry conferences in North American and Europe. He is also a published author, having written several books and articles about e-Learning, and is widely considered a guru for his expertise in e-Learning development. He has consulted on a wide range of multimedia and learning applications worldwide for many organizations. Mr. Ganci holds a degree in Computer Science.

No comments: